bimU.io Viewer Overview¶
bimU.io Viewer is a full-fledged online BIM model viewer that truly works for every project member. BIM is not exclusive to BIM managers and technicians. We've built an easy-to-use platform for everyone to review 3D design data without getting hands dirty. Simply upload your BIM model and it will be accessible via a browser instantly. Do some markups then share it securely or embed it in your collaboration software. All can be done with the Free version of bimU.io Viewer.
Fully Functional Design Review Tool¶
What's more than a 3D visulisation tool? bimU.io Viewer is natively built for reviewing engineering design in the Cloud. It includes everything you need to interrogate BIM data, such as versatile 3D navigation tools, a cloud-hosted BIM database, an interoperable markup view, etc. bimU.io transforms your BIM model to a lightweight BIM format that is blazingly fast and smooth over the internet and available on all your devices. What you really need is just a modern web browser!
Sharing BIM Made Easy¶
Sharing a BIM model with your teams has never been so easy. Generating a password-protected link is safe and quick. You can also view a bimU.io hosted model from other applications, such as a project site or a collaboration workspace, by inserting an embed code. bimU.io Viewer is fully-managed. No additional server or account management work is required. You can log in to bimU.io with your company or organisational account. And most importantly, you have full control over your BIM models.
Seamless Integration with Authoring Software¶
Currently, supported BIM authoring tools and file format include Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks, Trimble Tekla Structures, and IFC (Industry Foundation Classes). bimU.io is backed by the so-called Pluginless technology that is made to exchange data with BIM software without leaving web browser. You only have to work with one single user interface! Isn't this briliiant? A 3D model view can be uploaded directly from any of supported BIM software via browser. By opening a saved viewpoint attached to a markup, bimU.io can navigate you to the same location in any of supported BIM software, too.
- Cross-platform across all devices, including desktop, tablet, phone, etc.
- A variety of 3D navigation tools, such as orbit, rotate, pan, zoom, zoom to fit, zoom to selection, section box, section around selection, hide elements, measuring tools, fullscreen mode, etc.
- Create markups with free-hand drawings, comments, and a saved camera viewpoint.
- Query BIM data on the fly without downloading the whole database, including element properties, document properties, project information, file metadata, etc.
- Upload a partial or entire model with current view settings from BIM software with the "Pluginless" technology.
- Open a saved viewpoint in bimU.io 3D viewer or navigate to the same location in BIM software.
- Upload open standard IFC files directly via browser.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) support via Google OAuth and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Share a BIM model publicly or with a password-protected link.
- Embed a BIM model in other software, such as Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint, or your own website.
- Real-time browser notification and email notification.
- Categorise models by colored labels.
bimU.io Support Centre provides different types of help:
- FAQ: You can find a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and answers.
- Community Forum: Participate in discussion and look for advice in our community forum.
- Service Desk: Please report a problem by logging a support ticket. Our customer service representatives will be in touch to sort your issue.